Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Stitching Sampler Started

Today, we started our new Stitching Sampler and we learned the Mosaic Stitch. It definitely was not for the unco-ordinated, but after a few one on one sessions with Ann and Beatrice, we were all stitching like pros. The different varigated colors used by each stitcher are very interesting. It is amazing to see how everyone can have the same pattern and yet they look so different.
One of the ladies brought slices of pumpkin loaf to keep up our strength as we worked our way down the side blocks. It was a good afternoon!
I started my sampler on 28 ct Lugana but I still am not comfortable with it. Upon arriving home, I pulled out a Monaco 28 ct, Antique White which will be the fabric I will use to complete my book. Until next time, happy stitching everyone

No comments: