Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Christmas Ornaments 2009

This week has been really busy, not only did I manage to create and finish a Snowman wallhanging (machine applique) which will have a photo posted on Sifran Activities BUT I managed to finish two ornaments.
The first one is a little Christmas tree obtained from http://www.lesgrillesdeliselotte.com/ Liselotte is the author of this cute little design.  The pattern shows it in one color but if you look carefully you can see items within the design.  So out came the threads and with a bit of careful planning here is my tree.
Ann, from Knowledge and Needles is going to show me how to finish the ornament properly for the tree in two weeks time.  I am very excited about doing this proper.



The second one is the Christmas cross found in the Cross Stitcher Christmas Ornament 2009 magazine.  This one will be sewn with a backing and then I will fringe around the edges, just to make it look different.  Actually my whole tree will be different this year, I will have to dedicate the small tree to Cross stitch ornaments.

No comments: