Saturday, October 16, 2010

What have I been doing these past few weeks

What have I been doing these past few weeks?  I have been stitching like crazy a couple of small Halloween pieces I received from Sanman and Cyberstitchers.  I have been making table toppers and renovating my studio.  I have posted several photos below, so this might take a little bit of time to upload, but I am pleased with the results of my projects.

Lets start with the cross stitch.  The first piece I stitched was a cute Witch's hat from http://www.cyberstitchers.com/


Next I stitched a little Quaker Halloween sampler which was generously provided by Sandra Deering on Sanman originals.


Then on Thursday morning I went to a serger class to play with some other people who were making a basic Christmas table runner.  Here is my result from that class at Pine Ridge Knit and Sew in Trenton, ON.  The photo doesnt really demonstrate that the runner is in fact straight.



Then in the afternoon I received the final clue to a Mystery Table Topper which was designed by quiltbug.  We made these in Christmas colors and I still have to put the border on mine but as you can see it is very interesting.




Last but not least, I have been renovating my studio/classroom.  As you can see we have painted the room green (Spring Glow), with dark green trim (Vegas Green).  We have installed the carpet tiles so they represent a patchwork quilt.  This morning we installed the mini blinds and lace curtains which makes the room have a cozy feeling.  This afternoon we spent the day touching up insulation around the doors and windows so that the heat is retained in that room and we have installed a new heating system for the winter.
 



No comments: