Saturday, November 23, 2013

Nov 23 - Where did the time go?

Where did the time go since my last blog on here?  Well I have been trying to blog regular on my other site (littlebitsof interest) about day to day activities.  So lets talk about my stitching instead.

First of all, I am pleased to state I have finished the 4th row on my Gameboard Sampler aka my real estate project.  I still might get it finished before 2013 is over. Photo coming next time.

I did some quilting and made a log cabin table runner.


 For the Quinte Needlearts Guild in Belleville, we were asked to pick a letter and stitch a Monogram.  I picked the letter "F".  I wonder why LOL



 I was also in a bag swap this past month and we had to make the bag ourselves and then decorate it.  So here is my owl which looks more like a hawk on the bag.  The bird sits on a large pocket on the front.


I belong to a Christmas Club project group and our project last month was to make a mesh bag in Christmas colors etc.  I had so much fun that I made another bag using items I had at home.

I also belong to another guild online called Virtual Threads which is an offshoot of the EAC.  We are doing a Christmas ornament swap and here is my ornament to be mailed out on Monday.
I also went to the Creative Needlework Festival in Toronto at the end of October wherein I took a class on Tambor stitchery.  I still have to finish that project before I can take photos.  It was a course that required patience, hand eye coordination to manipulate the tool and lots of concentration.  But I digress, I watched a demonstration on hexagon table runners and I came home and made one.  Here is mine.











Next at the beginning of this month, I went on a road trip with my sister to Campbellford and #1 Sewing Center had a sale on Christmas fabrics.  I had no intentions of buying any fabric at all.  I came home with 2 lots of Christmas fabric and this panel which I just had to make up right away for Christmas.  I love the penguins and everytime I look at them I think of Judie M. one of the Thursday and Friday stitchers in Brighton.










Finally the last thing I have to show off is the quilt I made for my brother in law this summer.  I put some simple blocks together, a star block and a rail fence and this is the result.  I have put a second photo because I wanted you to see the corners of the borders.  I  miscalculated on my red fabric and thus I improvised creating an interesting corner.
 











No comments: