Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Dear Jane Block and Round Robin

I finally finished my First Dear Jane Cross stitch Block 1 and have started Block 2.  However that is now put away until next Monday.  I am alternating the blocks with pink and champagne.  The background is a dusty olive..


 Then yesterday, I had to finish a Round Robin which was overdue from January 1.  I was drawing a blank as to what to stitch.  So I sat at the table reading a Quilt Magazine and I saw a design similar to this one on a bag.  So now I had a plan.  My flowers are stitched with silk ribbon, the leaves, grasss etc. green DMC floss.  The flowers at the bottom are stitched with DMC as well.  I used a chain stitch for the vines and stems and the rest were just random stitches.  The 3 bumble bees have a yellow silk ribbon body with DMC 310 black floss for the stripes and outline.  I used a holo-shimmer for their wings.
This will be going to the Post Office tomorrow morning.



1 comment:

Kerry Leslie said...

I love what you did on this round robin piece, Fran! The bees wings are gorgeous!