Monday, January 9, 2017

2017 Has Begun

2017 has begun and brought all kinds of new projects to try.  Quinte Needlearts Guild has an interesting program for spring and I have jumped in with both feet and no life preserver.





The first item is a Mystery Round Robin.  We each received material, floss, and Part 1 of the pattern, when completed at the beginning of each month, we will send our stitched piece to the next person and receive Part 2 of the pattern.  This will continue for 6 months and nobody will know what the finished piece will look like until everyone has received Part 6.  Its a new twist on Round Robins but makes it very interesting.

Next I signed up for a felt applique course.  Sometimes it is good to step outside the box and see what others are interested in.  We had several choices of projects, mug mat, small bag, or a trivet.  I am thinking mine will be a table runner at this point in time.  Or I just might make it my challenge piece for EAC Seminar in Nfld.  We shall see.  No photo yet.




Joan Reive, our local artist, brought in 8 large batik panels of butterflies and other things found in nature such as flowers etc.  I bought one of the panels and we are to embellish them with embroidery stitches, beads, ribbons etc. what ever you think will make the panel come alive.  So that is my 3rd new project for 2017.



I am still teaching part time and so I will be making a sample Valentine Runner for my student to follow as shown.  Well I think that covers everything for this week.  I am still knitting toques and sweaters for the grandchildren while waiting to hear on my courses for EAC 2017.  Its going to be a very good year.
 
 
 

 

No comments: