Saturday, January 28, 2017

This month flew by and what have I been doing?

What have I been doing these past few weeks.

I started an exercise regime of walking just over 1 mile each day.  I am averaging 1.3 miles per day, I needed to get some exercise and so I am taking advantage of our indoor track.  This has nothing to do with "x" number of steps a day or losing weight, merely to keep the muscles moving.

I have cross stitched a little card, you know the kind that says do it in a couple of hours which really translates to a couple of days LOL.  This was out of a Cross Stitch Magazine.

Then I did another little card with an angel from Jeremiah Junction.  It was mailed off to a friend in need of an angel to cheer her up.  I forgot to take a photo.

Next, I have knit the body and half the sleeves on a sweater for the granddaughter on her birthday in February.  Photo will follow.

I organized a stitcher friend's 60th birthday party.  We had so much fun!  We presented her with a tiara, a scepter (queen for a day!) and two strands of beads to wear around her neck.  We had cake with sparklers and everybody brought her some stitchy item as she is a new stitcher.  Sorry cant post photos without her permission, so perhaps in my next episode in 2 weeks time.

I went to the fabric store in Campbellford with my sister, I wasn't going to buy anything.  Well I came home with all kinds of fabric and fusible pellon for backing bell pulls.  I am making pillowcases as part of Christmas gifts for next year.  Of course, we had to stop at the chocolate factory, so now I have to increase my walking by 2 miles LOL.

Our Thursday Needleworker Gathering in the Quinte West public library are going very well.  Every 2nd and 4th Thursday afternoon from 1 - 3 pm.  The first week we had 11 persons come and this past week we had 17 and it looks like the next meeting we will have 22 people.  Its all very exciting, people stitch, Swedish weave, crochet, knit and weave.  Its a great mix of techniques and everybody plays well together.

Very few photos this time but hopefully next time, I will have lots.  Enjoy your week.

No comments: